The following information is intended to give you basic information about projects and organisations that our funding is intended to support.
Please consider that this funding is meant to tackle the problem of an insufficient number of paid working hours in the animal rights movement. Our purpose is to give activists a chance to build up their organisations.
We’re interested in supporting a variety of animal rights projects. However, to make the application process as efficient as possible, we ask you to consider the following principles.
The project is intended to fund the following:
- Organisations holding non-profit status, and are animal advocacy organizations by definition in their by-laws, and are registered as a legal entity in one of the following 30 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, including the Balkan peninsula as well as the Caucasus and the Baltic regions: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldavia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, or Ukraine.
- Organisations that work towards ending the use of animals for experimentation, food, clothing, or entertainment and promote a cruelty-free lifestyle
- Organisations which have developed basic structures, set work goals, and developed a plan to reach them
- Organisations seeking systemic or individual change to achieve their goals
- Organisations working on single-issue campaigns as well as other types of campaigns
- The sustainable development and growth of organisations
We are unable to fund the following:
- Organisations that are not registered as animal advocacy orgainzations according to their by-laws
- Organizations that are not legal entities
- Organisations pursuing goals contrary to PETA’s values and mission statement or using animals for human purposes in any way
- Organisations that benefit from animal exploitation
- For-profit organisations or projects
- Equipment such as computers, tablets, offices, etc. (as we intend to fund only working hours for activists in organisations)
- Activists who are not working with an organisation registered as a legal entity or without a non-profit status